Sunday 30 December 2012

1.7. Finding Flow



Scheherazade sighed and leaned against the wall.  The baths in the monastery were soothing, even if they had not completely solved her problem.  She looked down at herself in the water.  Blue.  Still blue.  She splashed the water on her face and was surprised when they encountered her nose sooner than expected.  Feeling about her face it felt normal once more.  It was her face again.  She reached for her hair - back to its normal blue and purple hues.  It seems that the water had worked, partially.  She would have to follow up with Sun Young as Zhan Su had advised.




The general store was cool and filed with the scents of fruits, vegetable and spices.  Scheherazade had waited for other customers to leave before she had approached the woman behind the counter.
"Are... are you Sun Young?" Scheherazade forced the words out.  Her heart was racing and she felt a little light headed.  If this avenue did not work out, she did not know what she would do.


"Who is asking and why?" The woman behind the counter stepped back cautiously as Scheherazade approached.
"My name is Scheherazade.  Zhan Su suggested that I speak with you.  I was cursed by another genie.  I've managed to undo some of it... but...." Scheherazade started rattling the explanation out as fast as possible.
"Peace.  Slow down.  Zhan Su is a trusted colleague.  If he sent you, I can speak.  Now, explain to me exactly what has happened to you."
Taking a deep breathe, Scheherazade launched into her tale yet again.


Sun Young shook her head.  "In a curse this powerful, the waters at the monastery are but a temporary measure if they did not remove it completely.  It is quite likely that you would have lost your mind and free will were it not for the fairy dust that you were carrying on yourself at the time.  You need something more ancient and powerful than the monastery waters.  But it would be foolhardy to suggest it.  The trip can be dangerous."


"I can deal with danger, " Scheherazade was resolute.  "I am not slowly becoming a slave again, or being forever haunted by my past.  I am a free genie.  What is it?  Where must I go and what must I do?"
"There is a pool of dragon tears, they are pure and holy.  If it is in the power of water to remove your curse, they will do so. However," Sun Young paused, "They are located in the depths of the dragon - you must enter its maw and face the trials within.  They can be deadly."
"I would rather die free than risk the curse slowly bending my mind after it has bent my appearance.  Thank you."
"Wait!" exclaimed Sun Young, "It is dangerous to go alone - here, take this."  And she pressed a small, heavy parcel into Scheherazade's hand.





The Great Dragon Cave loomed in front of her, its bejeweled eyes glowing in the night.  Scheherazade felt infinitely small.  The pool of tears, however, was not going to find itself.  Scheherazade climbed up the tongue and into the dragon's maw.  


After braving holes filled with bugs, crackling lightning, uncovering old ways covered in rockslides and more, Scheherazade found a door.  Suddenly the parcel that Sun had given her made sense.  She took out the key shaped rock and slotted it into the wall beside the door.  An eerie glow emanated from it and the lock of the door.  She opened it and found a small pool, also glowing eerily.



She stood on the edge and stared into it.  The depths could not be seen.  Even the walls of the pool disappeared in its glow.  Were these really dragon tears?  How did so many get collected in one place?  And how would it remove her curse.  Scheherazade fought back a yawn - she was exhausted, but she was so close now.  She did not have much time left  in Shang Simla, she was going home the next day.


All she had to do was submerge herself in the waters.  All she had to do was jump in.










"It... it duh... it didn't work, " Scheherazade sobbed in despair.  Sun pulled her closer and hugged her.  "I found the pool, I used the key... but it... I'm... it didn't go away!"  Scheherazade clung onto Sun desperately.



"Peace, Scheherazade, peace."  Sun pulled her closer.  "It has worked.  It has halted any further progress by the curse.  It is unfortunate that it could not restore more - but now we know for certain that the flow that must be restored is your own."
"What... what does that even mean?  I tried at the Sim Fu academy, but that got me nowhere," Scheherazade's sobs started abating as the warmth of the hug and the warmth of Sun's hands seemed to melt away some of her anguish.
Sun snorted with derision, "The Sim Fu academy focuses too much on bringing people into flow with their philosophies and their discipline.  Every person has their own flow.  Their own heart and their own dreams should guide them.  Bring yourself in line with your heart and your dreams and your flow will be restored. What are your dreams?  What does your heart want?"
Scheherazade's stomach felt like she was on a rollercoaster.  So much to take in, so fast. Focus on the questions at hand.  "My... my dream is to be a famous Mixologist.  To make drinks for the rich and famous in Starlight Shores,  I want to be so famous that somebody makes a movie about me one day.  I already have tons of friends, but - my Mixologist skills need more attention."  She swallowed as best she could, her throat felt like she had not drunk for days.  "My heart... I have no idea what my heart wants."
Sun agreed sadly, "Hearts can be difficult things.  They do not make it easy for us to discover what they want.  So instead we blunder around until they encourage us to do something particularly... crazy....  When you get strange ideas in your head.  When the ordinary makes you nervous as if you are betting your entire future on one word or action - that is normally when you are dealing with your heart's desire.When you achieve it, you will know that you have it"
Scheherazade took a deep breathe.  The heart was irrantional and made you scared of what you wanted?  Odd... but maybe... the nervousness rose in her throat like bile.  She felt faint from the sheer idiocy of the idea, but surely that meant that she had to try?



She leaned forwards and gently kissed Sun.


Sun pulled her closer and their kiss deepened.  Minutes, seconds, days, an instant.  Time ceased to exist.  Scheherazade's heart hurt from the sheer joy and exhilaration and relief.  Her heart's desire, she had found  it.  


As they pulled apart, Scheherazade peered in Sun's eyes as if to look into her soul.  "Come with me, Sun," she whispered.
A tear ran down Sun's cheek as she reached up and held Scheherazade's face.
"I cannot, Scheherazade," her voice cracked with sadness, "my dreams are here.  This store.  This land.  Stay with me."
"But," hurt and confusion started welling up and replacing Scheherazade's joy, "I can't stay here.  There aren't any Mixologists in Shang Simla.  I could never... My dreams."
Sun leaned forward and kissed her gently.  "I cannot be the Sim to fulfill your heart.  To do so will shatter one of our dreams.  That will not allow you to achieve the flow you need.  It would mean that one of us has compromised ourselves, who we are.  As much as it pains me," Sun was fighting back sobs now, "we must part.  Our hearts will find others.  Mine, here in Shang Simla - yours n Starlight Shores."
Fighting back her own tears as they parted, Scheherazade hoped that Sun was right.


------
Generation One: Revealed
Family Structure: ?
Number of children: ?
Primary Income: Mixologist
Secondary Income(s): ?
Generation Goal: ?
Miscellaneous Fun: ?

------
Random Bonus Shot:

   ERMAGERSH! FLEWERZ!
  
And I thought Scheherazade had the monopoly on silly faces... guess I was completely wrong.  But wow - are these two suited to each other.

Really.  All of their interactions?  Completely autonomous.  I was stunned when out of the blue they started flirting, kissing, hugging, and were romantic interests from acquaintances in next to no time.

It breaks my heart that I don't have Woohooer or a mod like that installed, so I can't LET them be together.  there would be no heirs.

Note: I have never been to a WA world before so I just HAD to go check out a few adventures.  All spoils were appropriately disposed of, except for souvenirs.  Shera needs something to remember the love of her life by.

7 comments:

  1. I just adore Sun Young!
    It's too bad she can't be Sche's true love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep telling myself that I am not a bad and evil Watcher. The game really seemed to want those two together - so many adorable autonomous interactions. *sadness*

      Delete
  2. "Hearts can be difficult things. They do not make it easy for us to discover what they want. So instead we blunder around until they encourage us to do something particularly... crazy.... When you get strange ideas in your head. When the ordinary makes you nervous as if you are betting your entire future on one word or action - that is normally when you are dealing with your heart's desire.When you achieve it, you will know that you have it"

    LOVE that!! ^ It's so true, but I definatly didn't see that kiss coming!!

    Install woohooer now so that they can be together!! Maybe she'll meet someone when she's back home? She'd certainly got some confidence arounf potential love interests now 0_o

    Can't wait to read the next one! Oh, wait, I don't have to... ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone else who sees that "advice" as true. ^^

      The temptation to install Woohooer to have them together was tempting, but... it just wouldn't work for the story. :( I am very tempted to create an alternate save where I can play their lives together - but then where would the time for my actual legacy go?

      *sighs*

      Sometimes life just is not fair.

      Delete
  3. Sun and Scheherezade are so cute together! I can pretend that Scheherezade invited Sun to visit her in Sunlit tides so their romance won't die, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Heck - I have Sche up for download, so if anybody wanted to plonk the two of them together in one of their 'hoods so that they could live happily together in SOMEONE'S game, it would definitely be possible! :P

      Delete
  4. Poor Sche. What a sad chapter. She's still blue, meets the love of her life, but can't be with her. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete