Saturday 29 December 2012

1.4. Moving On Up



"Of course I can cover Rob's shift!  I just, don't know how long it will take me to get through to the bar - the air is full of this fluffy white stuff....  Snow you say?  What is that?  Uh-huh.  Uh-huh.  So, I should put on something warm then?  Great, I'll be over as soon as I have done that."


"Fffffffffffffffffffffff... I wish I had known about the snow thing sooner, damn you Sim-ess."
You really shouldn't take my name in vain, Sche.
"I don't care.  It's colder than a polar bear's left paw and you never told me to dress in something warmer."
You should be happy for the extra shifts.
"I am... extremely."




"You're doing a great job, Scheherazade - absolutely splendid," Alan complemented her on her work.
"Thanks boss!" she beamed back.


She spun the bottle with a flourish, turning back to the customer. "Was that with or without the lemon?"
"Wuh-with."


It was probably for the best that she had no idea how others in the bar thought of her.




As she was leaving her shift, Scheherazade almost bumped into a customer.
"So, sorry Miss... hey - do I know you?  You look familiar?" the gentleman suddenly seeming to recognize her.
"No, I don't believe we've met before."  Scheherazade looked at him quizzically.
"My name is Thomas..."


A most peculiar expression suddenly gripped his face.
"And you're Scheherazade... the bitch that thinks she can get away from anything!"


"Well, get away from this, Scheherazade," he hissed and lunged towards her.


He grabbed her, pulled her towards him and kissed her ardently.
Not expecting this in the least, Scheherazade wrapped one arm around his arm and reached for his neck with the other to pull him off of her.


"What in the seven hells do you think you are doing?" she snarled at him.  What made you think you had any right to touch me, let alone... violate me like that!  You cretinous thug!


She slapped him for his disrespect towards her.


He was still reeling when she continued her tirade.  "You deserve worse for your despicable behaviour.  By rights I should curse you, perhaps make you distasteful to all women, not that you can't do a good enough job of THAT yourself!"



"What on earth did you do to me?"  Thomas backed up, looking at Scheherazade with disdain.  "I was just introducing myself, there was no need to slap me, you crazy cow."
Scheherazade backed up, hoping that she was not seeing the signs she thought she was seeing.  "I slapped you because you kissed me, without my permission."


"No... I just introduced myself... I would never do something like that!" Thomas looked confused.
Scheherazade gulped.  Ensorcellment.  Genies could make humans do THEIR bidding from time to time and there was only one other freed genie in town that she knew of.


Scheherazade tried to force a smile.  "I am so sorry, it must have been a misunderstanding. Let me buy you a drink.  We'll brush it under the carpet and start over.


Scheherazade hated herself for distracting him so that she could do a counter-casting, but she need to make sure she knew who had ensorcelled him.


The image from her spell confirmed it.  Shit.  She was right.  Lash was using innocent mortals to stalk her.

Scheherazade quickly finished up for the night and headed home.  Shaken and more than a little stirred.



Knowing that Supernaturals were less likely to becomes enslaved by another genie, Scheherazade found herself spending more and more time around them.  There truly were an astounding number of Supernaturals in Starlight Shores when you took the time to look for them.  She had soon built a circle of friends comprised of Vampires, Werewolves, Fairies, Wizards and even a zombie.




"C'mon, Sche, darling!  You've been rotting inside that tiny house of yours - lets hit the town!" Craig encouraged her out to the curb.
"I can't afford to go out!  The Rodeo-Go-Go doesn't pay THAT much, you know!  I'm trying to save!"
"Saving, shmaving, darling.  It just means that you DO have a little money to burn on a fun night out with your good buddy Craig Elson, rather than going through your endless routine of work -home-work-home"
"It's not an endless routine!  I invite people over, we have fun! "
"Yes, I heard... last fun you had some redheaded fairy set your table on fire after some firecracker prawns and my wife had to put out the fire for you!"


Scheherazade thought back to the incident and grumbled, "I had to pay 500 simoleans for that.  Fire Department wouldn't believe me that your wife was just good with an extinguisher when they arrived and claimed they were fining me for the prank.  Serves me right for having so many fairies at my house at once."
"Anyway!  You need to lighten up!  I heard MN8 is going to be buzzing tonight and we are going!" Craig pushed her into the cab and they headed off.





At the club, Scheherazade found that she was having a ball.  It was different being on the other side of the bar for once.  It was fantastic to let loose and relax.  "Hey, Miss Mixologist.  You know my friend there is a pretty ace Mixologist herself?" Craig suddenly piped up while ordering his drink.



"Is that so, huh?"  Tho Mixologist looked at Scheherazade carefully.  "If you're so good, how come I have never heard of you?"
"I work over at the Rodeo-Go-Go."
"That place is a dive."
"It's HOMEY.  Just because the clientelle is different, doesn't mean the staff are a bunch of yokels.  In fact, most of our customers are respectable people who just want a relaxing drink after work."
"Is that so, hot stuff?  Well, how about you show me what you got?"


"You can do it, Sche!" encouraged Craig as Scheherazade stepped behind the bar.
"This had better not have been part of the plan for the evening!" she forced through gritted teeth and a forced smile.
"Not at all.  But you're the one always talking about your money issues.  Maybe if you worked somewhere better paying, you'd be better off!"



So Scheherazade broke out all of her moves, ...


...all of her flair...


... and even managed to have a laugh doing it.


"That was amazing!  Boss, boss - we have GOT to hire her!"
"Bars do make money, when can you start?"

------
Generation One: Revealed
Family Structure: ?
Number of children: ?
Primary Income: Mixologist
Secondary Income(s): ?
Generation Goal: ?
Miscellaneous Fun: ?

------
Random Bonus Shot:




Once again, I just LOVE her facial expressions.





9 comments:

  1. Sweet chapter! All my mixologists ever do is drop things. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shera is a very high level Mixologist and she STILL drops things. Luckily it is not all the time anymore, so it is not quite as annoying.

      Delete
  2. I love the scene with Thomas, busting out that inappropriate kiss. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to admit a couple of things now. I have absolutly no idea how to say her name, so in my head when I read these i just call her 'Shuffleboard'. Maybe you could clear this up for me? :s

    I've never really done any mixology. I think because it's pointless unless you're in a city, and Bridgeport is so laggy I can't use it. I'll have Starlight Shores myself soon though, so I wanted you to know this has inspired me to try it out ;) (You watch, I'll roll it for next gen of my legacy now...)

    Ps: that kiss was so weird. Haha, I'm glad you explained it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL. Shuffleboard, the teller of tales. It is generally pronounced Sheh-hera-zaad. If you have sound on your computer, go here: http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=scheherezade

      I had never done Mixology before either. And even in Starlight Shores I had to go in and convert some of the venues to bars and lounges of the appropriate level and then hop in and make sure that they had the right kind of bar, so there was a lot of prep work to make it possible! Which, on the plus side, would work in any town you wanted. (Though Starlight Shores is very pretty).

      Delete
    2. Thankyou haha, I'll try and remember that for the chapter after next, I've already read the next one.

      Delete
  4. At least she can handle herself against the men frequenting her bars! And looking forward to seeing what else Lash will try to throw her way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sche! I'm glad she has friends to help her move on up in the world. But, I'm distressed about Lash. I hope Sche can manage to stay away from any trouble that is sent her way.

    ReplyDelete