Friday 30 November 2012

Djinn Legacy: An Explanation

Hi there and welcome to my new blog!

The first tale that will appear here will be that of the Djinn Legacy.

I am playing The Sims 3.  After a long time where my PC was gathering dust and I was not playing, I suddenly had a game and a bunch of expansions, with no idea where to even begin exploring the new stuff.  I went back to my favourite sims site and discovered The Random Legacy.  A perfect vehicle to allow me to explore the different facets to the game brought in by the expansions.

In a nutshell, for those who don't want to follow the links, the random legacy makes you randomly roll different aspects of each generation of your sims. From whether they will have a partner, how many children they will have to what awesome things they will do each generation.  I am probably not playing as rules-heavy as some.  I wanted to play a genie (I got Supernatural, shortly followed by Showtime and was intrigued - I have never played a genie before) and am mostly using the roll as goals to achieve (and limitations in place).  I am not going to beat myself up if I don't achieve one of the goals - I mostly want to explore the game with a bit of a randomly decided guide.

To keep things interesting for readers, I will only be revealing each chunk of the roll as it is revealed in game. Though my google docs spreadsheet and boyfriend will keep me honest.

Feel free to join me on this exploration of the game and my attempt to get back into story writing as I chronicle the Djinn family and the legacy of Scherezade Djinn.



No comments:

Post a Comment